As a graduate of the University of Denver’s (DU) School of Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management (HRTM) program I have an extensive 19 year background in the travel industry.
Upon my graduation from DU, I moved down to Orlando, FL to work for the Walt Disney World Resort. In addition to the many “OnStage” positions I held at both EPCOT and the Contemporary Resort, I also got my start in the “Travel Agency” field working for the Walt Disney Travel Company where I assisted travel agents in booking Disney vacations for their guests.
It was from this humble start with the Walt Disney Travel Company, combined with my extensive work history with other major tourism companies including Yellowstone National Park and Hotels.com among others, which led me to discover my passion in servicing guests exceptionally well; so that they too can experience the wonders that travel has to offer when the trip has been designed in an effective way that best meets their individual needs and wishes.
Based off this discovery, I opened Travel N Relax on August 1, 2004 – initially servicing my guests Disney vacation needs. From there the company has grown into a full service concierge style agency servicing the areas which you see here on our website today.
In addition to the BSBA that I hold from the University of Denver in HRTM, I have since also continued with extensive ongoing travel studies.
These studies include various Lifestyle and Destination Specialist courses which provide in-depth training on various “niche” travel areas, as well as on the destinations I service. I also hold a Certified Travel Counselor (CTC) designation which allows me to service you with greater efficiency, expanded geographical knowledge and fine-tuned customer service skills. For easiest explanation, the CTC can best be considered a Master’s Level training in Travel Professionalism.
All of these educational lessons allow me to service you better. (A full listing of my certifications can be found below.)
In addition to these ongoing training lessons, I also feel it is valuable to remain “current” in the industry and I participate regularly in industry conferences and trade shows as well as destination visits that allow me to better service my clients.
I am active in industry and community organizations including the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) – the world’s largest association of travel professionals; the National Association of Career Travel Agents (NACTA) -the travel industry’s leading national trade association representing independent travel professionals and an affiliate of ASTA; and the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) -a national organization created to promote the cruise industry, develop maritime safety policies and actively protect the marine environment.
With ASTA, I am particularly proud to be able to serve as your voice to the Travel Industry as I serve as President of the Rocky Mountain Regional Board of Directors of our ASTA Chapter. This position enables to me voice any needs you may wish to have expressed to the broader travel community as I am able to carry your voice to the National ASTA leaders.
At Travel N Relax our mission is to create unforgettable “Hassle – Free” vacations for you and to make “Magical Memories a Reality!”
To that end, I can promise you that when you work with us you can be assured that you are receiving the highest skill and educational levels available to service you.
I am never content to “rest on my laurels,” and I won’t! Ongoing and continual training and skill development will always remain at the forefront for me so that I will always succeed in delivering you memorable experiences and unforgettable escapes!
Thank you for allowing us to service you! We are honored by your choice, and promise to service you well!
- Certified Travel Counselor (CTC), The Travel Institute – Sept 2009
- Certified Green Travel Agent, American Society of Travel Agents – November 2009
- Certified Travel Associate (CTA), The Travel Institute – April 2008
- Travel Industry Training Course, Central Florida Academy of Travel
- Independent Contractor Travel Associate Course, Career Quest Training
- College of Disney Knowledge Onsite Program, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- College of Disney Knowledge, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- LS Golf Travel Specialist, The Travel Institute
- Trafalgar Tour Specialist, Trafalgar Tours
- Norwegian Cruise Lines Specialist, Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Expert, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
- Celebrity Cruises Specialist, Celebrity Cruise Lines
- LS Adventure Travel Specialist, The Travel Institute
- LS Honeymoons and Destination Weddings Travel Specialist, The Travel Institute
- DS North America Travel Specialist, The Travel Institute
- DS Hawaii Travel Specialist, The Travel Institute
- Hawaii Destination Specialist, The State of Hawaii
- DS Alaska Travel Specialist, The Travel Institute
- DS Mexico Travel Specialist, The Travel Institute
- San Diego Specialist, San Diego Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Sandals/ Beaches Resort Specialist, Sandals/Beaches Resorts
CTC = Certified Travel Counselor
CTA = Certified Travel Associate
LS = Lifestyle Specialist
DS = Destination Specialist