- This event has passed.
Discover Costa Rica: Puntarenas and The Gulf of Nicoya
This time around, Leo and Allie will be going in-depth on the Puntarenas and The Gulf of Nicoya regions in Costa Rica. If you’ve been following this series or are interested in visiting Costa Rica, these unique regions are something you won’t want to miss!
Some Highlights From Puntarenas and The Gulf of Nicoya
- World renowned biological reserve
- Home to world class canopy/zipline
- Must for birdwatchers
- Activities for the whole family – Zipline, horseback riding, hiking, coffee farm tour, butterfly gardens, hanging bridges and more.
Islands of the Gulf
- Isla Tortuga – Visit in one day by Catamaran
- Isla San Lucas – Prison until 1991 – Long interesting history
- Isla Chira, the largest and most populous in the Gulf
- Biological Reserves, White San Beaches, Boat Tours
Beaches on The Nicoya Peninsula
- Santa Teresa, Montezuma, Mal Pais
- Famous for surfing, The red hot chili peppers come here often.
- Yoga/Surf retreats very popular
- Lots of great boutique hotels and cafes
- Great for families and couples and some nice spots of weddings.